Optimism

Be optimistic in the face of adversity. Easier said than done.

There's an irony there, almost like a Buddhist riddle. To attain enlightenment one must let go of of attachments yet if we let go of attachments then why the need to "attain" enlightenment? It's a conundrum and I believe it's why people spends their lives in search of the answers.

Look, life can be freaking tough, REALLY freaking tough. The challenges huge and daunting and scary.

I don't care who you are or what image you present to the world, each and every one of us has known adversity and each and every one of us has known fear.

There was volatility in my life at an early age, in fact I lived in a constant state of instability. I presented this facade of a happy kid, a funny, goofy guy who brushed off the challenges like water off a ducks back as if they didn't affect me. This was far from the truth.

It was almost as painful hiding it as it would have been to wear the emotions on my sleeve and let the world see what I was feeling. What I did know was that I wasn't going to give up. I don't know where that feeling came from but I do know that it motivated me in life.

So as a kid I made a choice to keep moving forward no matter what I faced. It didn't take away the fear or pain or even lessen the challenges but it taught me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and to push through.

With each day I learned something new about the world and myself. With each challenge I became stronger and I learned to navigate things in a way that was uniquely mine.

I say this because I know that there are those out there who might have found themselves in similar circumstances and perhaps are facing challenges even now.

Keep walking, keep putting one foot in front of the other and you WILL make it through.

Life can be tough, REALLY freaking tough but YOU are tougher. You hold the answers to the questions you ask.

You are the light that makes this world shine. Ignite it, breathe air into it.

Your Destiny Is Waiting.

Comments

Popular Posts