Soup Kitchen Inc.


So I was spending some time the other day with a good friend who has an amazing company called Soup Kitchen Inc. I asked him what he was up to lately and he said;

"I'm trying to stop world hunger."

To elaborate, Jamie Klein is a chef and most recently an entrepreneur. He's worked on some major movies (some of my favorites) and as he says in his website bio, the most memorable meals he's made are the ones he's given away.



Basically for every portion of soup that is sold (and they are yummy soups) Soup Kitchen donates an equal portion to someone in need through local and regional food banks. It's not money...it's actual food.

I urge you to take a look at the website and see what you can do to help.

I've work my entire life for various charitable organizations from trying to put an end to Human Trafficking at events with LA Sheriff Lee Baca, to becoming a member of the Artists Committee for The Actor's Fund, to Red Cross fund raising with "Sing In For America" with Hershey Felder after 9/11 and more. The list goes on so I won't bore you...I enjoy giving, I enjoy trying to make a difference even if in my own little way.

I am humbled by the efforts of someone like Jamie who has committed his life and work to this cause. It made me reevaluate my place in life. On my way home I began to think, what more can I do? What can WE do?

I have a roof over my head, and amazing family, a terrific career and incredible friends...it's time for me to give even more. So thank you Jamie for the inspiration.

So come on folks...log onto the site and buy some soup. You won't just be feeding your body, you'll be feeding your soul...and most importantly the belly of someone you might not even know.


Comments

Popular Posts