Long but Great Day in A Tale of Two Cities

James Barbour just went on and on about yesterday's rehearsal, so I think I am going to just use all the great stuff he said:



“Today was a long but great day. We had the orchestra in the theatre and that added some amazing things to the mix. Running the show in costume with the set and lighting... we’ve taken the show to the next level.

“I’ve worked with some of the musicians in other shows so there’s a good rapport already existing. I have to say that I’m overwhelmed by the amount of hard work and dedication that this group of people; the musicians, the cast, crew and creative team continue to put into each day of work. It’s uplifting and inspiring. It makes me proud to do what I do.

“The theatre world is, in reality, a very small circle of people. In any given show you are bound to be working with people with whom you’ve worked before. That’s what makes this business so great. The support we have for each other is wonderful. Many of those whom I have worked with over the years, the creative staff, directors, composers, producers, backstage crew, management, actors alike have become like family. We attend functions together, family outings together; we laugh together and cry together. We support each other in times of need and cheer for each other in times of triumph.

“I am proud to be a part of this TALE team, this theatre community and this family of artists. We’re running the show twice tomorrow, looking forward to it.”

Comments

Popular Posts