Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  

This is a wonderful time, "thanks" "giving." Thanks for all of the giving, but most importantly it's a time for giving thanks.  

I look back on the months that have past and see so much to be thankful for, a wonderful life, an amazing wife, the most beautiful and healthy child (who makes me laugh and cry with joy), the blessing to have performed one of the most incredible roles I've ever had the honor to play, a tremendous family and great friends.  So much to be thankful for, so very much.

I've been thinking of my parents these past few days.  The holiday season is a time for family and I miss them both greatly.  But each time I look into the eyes of my daughter I see them and I hope they are looking down to see her.

Ya know, I used to dress up as an American Indian every Thanksgiving (believe it or not I have Native American blood in me on my father's side) in celebration of the traditional "first Thanksgiving" in 1621. 

My mother made me take off the Indian garb and don more modern dress for the actual diner but it was fun while it lasted.  

I hope this Thanksgiving is great for you all.  Thanks to each and everyone of you for your support. You are all in some way extended family.  We are all in this world together and I'm looking forward to greater things to come.

Oh one anecdote...I used to drink coca-cola (only drink water and tea now) but when I did I could never eat the cranberry sauce and then drink a Coke.  They don't go together.  Anyone ever experience that?

See you at Sardi's...and don't eat too much stuffing.  (OK I eat a ton of stuffing and of course, cranberry sauce).

Comments

goldandcurls said…
I have been cooking up a storm today in preparation for tomorrow! I made stuffing (with celery, onions, chestnuts, and raisins), sweet potatoes with apples & brown sugar, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top and some corn bread. Tomorrow I'll be making the cranberry sauce. Yum.

What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?

I hope you have a great day! And I hope Hudson enjoys her first Thanksgiving. I'm sure there will be stories.
- Halley

p.s. "Tale..." (and that wonderful cast) is on my list of things I am thankful for.
Artistic1 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artistic1 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rae said…
Hi James,

I am thankful for having had the opportunity to see "A Tale" nine times and meeting you, the cast, Jill and Ron. Everyone has been so kind and I truly feel like part of the extended family. Thank you for sharing your life with your fans.
Evan and I look forward to seeing you on the opening nite of your holiday concert.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rae
Artistic1 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts